Apply for the student exchange
Applications for the 2019 Hutt Tempe Student Exchange close at 4:00pm on Friday, 14 September 2018 (via firstname.lastname@example.org or delivery to Hutt City Council, 30 Laings Road, Lower Hutt).
you'll need to
- Be either a New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident of New Zealand and live in Lower Hutt
- Be attending a secondary school within the city boundaries of Lower Hutt, and plan to continue to do so for the whole of their exchange year
- Be a Year 11/12 student in 2018 - and a Year 12/13 student in 2019.
How to apply
- Download the application form (PDF 130kb)
- Complete pages 3 and 4 of this form and sign the declaration on page 4.
- Get a parent or caregiver from each household in which you live to complete pages 5 and 6 of this form and sign the declaration on page 6 (copy extra pages if necessary).
- Attach a recent colour, portrait-style, photo of yourself.
- Attach a list of academic achievements to date.
- Obtain and attach a letter of consent for you to participate on the exchange from your school principal.
- Obtain and attach a letter of recommendation from your school dean or form teacher.
- Deposit a $20 application fee for your application form. Use your full name as a payment reference to Hutt Sister City Foundation 12-3142-0334851-00.
Post your application to:
Student Exchange Application
Hutt Sister City Foundation
c/- The Student Coordinator
4 Williams Grove
Lower Hutt 5010
THEN WHAT HAPPENS
We'll invite you to present a speech on either Sunday, 16 September or Monday, 17 September 2018 and attend an interview on Sunday, 23 September 2018 to get to know you a bit better.
After a successful interview we'll touch base and visit you at home during the week of
23-28 September 2018. Candidates will then be notified if they are successful or not by Saturday,
29 September 2018.